Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Heroes

"The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. [2] The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd."
Hebrews 11:1-2 (MsgB)

Hebrews 11 presents a listing of faith heroes that encourage us. I have a set of heroes that have influenced me. The first list I reference is admitedly all male. For starters, here they are:
  • Commissioner Bram Tripp
  • General Bram Tillsley
  • Lt. Colonel William Harvey
  • Lt. Colonel Doug Lowman
  • Colonel Wallace Conrath
  • Commissioner Joe Noland
They're all marked by integrity, holiness and leadership.

Who has constructively influenced you and how? Take a moment, reflect and share...

5 Comments:

Blogger Christin ><> said...

When I think of people who have influenced me....I realize that those whose influence has LASTED beyond what was needed for that moment were the people who not only were of personal influence at the moment, but were also of spritual and developmental influence as well.....

1. Captain Fran Rader
2. Major Jeff Bassett
3. Major Ronda Lance
4. Majors Gary and Renee Hopkins
5. Bob Hostetler
6. Paige Hunt
7. Major Lewanne Dudly
8. Major Jim Shafstall
9. Lt. Colonel Bill Bamford

What a rich legacy we have to pass on to the next generation! What a responsibility that is!

[This is Captain Christin Kapp, by the way....welcome to blogger!]

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

What a great list of great people. As I read them, I'm thanking God for them, believing they'd defer to the glory of God as well for their influence...You capture the essence of the reflection in your willingness to accept your responsibility here. Imagine, who is thanking God for you in this way? I often think of the thousands of people we meet and help in the name of God who will greet us in glory with gratitude. What a day that'll be! Thanks for your faithfulness to God in presenting your heroes.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Christin ><> said...

I"m so glad that you've joined the online community of salvos here at blogger. It encourages my heart so much to read what God is doing/saying through others in this great army.
I am not a *regualr* [ie daily] updater, but i too have a blog.....it's more of a 'writing venture'.....a place to hash out ideas,etc....it's deepwoodsdancer.blogspot.com if you're interested in popping in sometimes.

blessings on you, my brother in Christ.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Berryinteresting said...

We have like heroes. But the characteristics that God has given them may just reflect a little differently as we individually see them. Your son reminded me that we should definitely have the Master "influencer" at the top of our lists. What a guy!! Blog on!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

You're quite right. He suggested that I shouldn't presume that everyone would see Jesus at the top of my list. Surely He is worthy of being singularly represented as The Heroe of heroes.

Are there other heroes out there?

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home