Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Friday, March 25, 2005

Great Friday

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 (NIV)

I woke up today praising God and thanking Jesus for dying on the cross for me, and everyone else too. I've always remembered Good Friday in a warm way. It has been a sacred day and we always find ourselves worshipping God remembering His love expressed at Calvary. In the meetings there was beautiful music, contemplative preaching and gratitude to Jesus. I actually do recall it as a good day ... Good Friday. In early modern English, good had a meaning of "holy".

Today I'm thinking of it as Great Friday. No less holy, but great love from a great Lord, demonstrated in a great way.

You'll only understand if you have a relationship with God through Jesus. Everyday becomes great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home