Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thank you's

I saw a letter today sent to one of my friends who heard from someone he prayed with at Old Orchard Beach Camp Meetings. It was a wonderful letter describing the seeker's hopes at going to the Mercy Seat and finding grace for his needs. He also found a counselor to speak and pray with.

So the gist of the letter was just to say thanks, even after all this time. The Spirit of God has been working in his heart and given him another counselor near home and he's doing great. Praise the Lord!

Often I'm convicted about not saying thanks enough. I'm Ok day to day for regular things, but I think I should start to thank authors of books and published articles that reach my soul or challenge my thinking. I'm sure there are other areas in which I could be more grateful too. Thanks for reading this.

1 Chronicles 16:34 (NIV)
34 'Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

Thanks for posting on this blog everyday. I really love reading it. It has inspired, challenged and blessed me. Thanks for doing all that you do in the Army world, you are a true man of God.
THANK YOU!
much love and prayers,
Allison

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think of you often with gratitude since coming back to Canada. You both always took a genuine interest in our lives, family and ministry.

We were blessed to have gained so many as part of our family while we were ministering in the States. We are thankful to all who have become endeared to us during those years.

God has an amazing way of working!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Allison - thank you. You are one amazing person. I'm one of many who are proud to know you.

Kevin - We miss you and your family. We are indeed grateful to God for you.

T/T - There are many people in this world who thank God for you. That includes me.

10:13 PM  
Blogger HS said...

I once wrote to an author of a book that deeply impacted me, sending him a letter as well as a song that had been inspired through his writing. I received quite a thoughtful and lengthy response - only to find out that the next month, Brent Curtis fell to his death while leading a men's retreat. The Sacred Romance remains one of the most influential books I have read, and the letter from Brent a precious reminder to say thank you.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks, HS. Your comment is an affirmation.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home