Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter People

"You don't have to wait for the End. I am, right now, Resurrection and Life. The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live." John 11:25 (MsgB)

"We are an Easter people!" The first I remember hearing this phrase was from the mouth of Major Clyde McEwen. He was one of the good ones. I don't know if I've ever met a person so genuinely happy as Major McEwen. He has always been one of my heroes...God has given us many.

He was speaking to Salvationists and he meant it for Salvationists and while I'm thinking of him today, the occasion of his pronouncement wasn't Easter. He believed it for everyday. I'm sure that accounted for his disposition. He "got it".

Let the Salvationists of the Easter...n Territory USA celebrate. We are an Easter People!

1 Comments:

Blogger Berryinteresting said...

I could have used a conversation with Clyde McEwen today. It is definitely one of our (Gus AND me) heroes. He was one of my "listening ears." There aren't many of those around anymore. It seems that most have an "agenda." And the alternatives make me uneasy. I'm not one to "unload" with ulterior motives. We are some of Clyde's "Easter People." And I wish I could have spoken with him today.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home