Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Stress

As I think it through, today may have been the most collectively stressful days in my officership. I'm not complaining...quite the opposite. I am rejoicing. For most of my ministry life, I've learned that when the pressure mounts and includes negatively fed matters from the enemy, I am on the verge of spiritual victory.

It really is a blessing of faith in Christ that stabilizes me in the worst of attacks. He is always faithful.

I mention this not for sympathy or even empathy. It is to recognize the blessings of God in the realities of ministry in the 21st century. We do not live in an ivory tower, nor does ministry exempt one from attack.

Tonight I rejoice. Prayers are welcomed.

James 1:2-3 (MSG)
Jas 1:2 "Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. 3 You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count on our daily praying for you.
WHL

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers!!! Thank you for your honesty. I can't even begin to imagine the stress that comes with your position. I will pray God continues to strengthen you as you bless so many of us with your ministry. The articles you share on this site have encouraged me over and over. Thank you . KW

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

Peace :o)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Good prayers...good friends. God is good.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home