Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, October 03, 2005

Patmos & Ephesus

On the Lord's day, we met together for worship on the Isle of Patmos, only 50 yards from where John, received The Revelation. It was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the presence of God and consider the revelation of His love to each of us. We sang "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, O what a fortaste of glory divine..." Major Betty Israel sang "I'm in His hands," after her moving testimony of God's grace and we finished with "My Jesus, I love Thee." Unforgettable!

We read from Revelation, chapter 1 to be reminded of:
The Terms of the Revelation
The Trustee(s) of the Revelation
The Task and Triumph of the Revelation

Each was given the opportunity to offer their lives in committment to the revelation revealed and God was (is) glorified.

In the afternoon, we journeyed to Ephesus, Asia Minor (Turkey)for a visit to this ancient city. Here, John made his home in his last days and Paul visited more than once. Only 10-20% of the city has been unearthed, with more to go. We stood near the steps where Paul spoke, next to the library.

The final tour day will be in Corinth. We know a bit about that town.

"I know the plans I have for you..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

Derek showed up at Youth Band tonight! I missed him soo much... I was sooo glad to see him, and he looks so fit! I was scared that the training would change his personality, but not to worry, it didn't! Well enjoy the rest of your trip.
much love and prayers,
Allison

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home