Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Christian Music

In addition to my addiction to brass band music, I have a love for jazz...particularly Christian jazz. Have you ever heard of Ben Tankard? Great keyboard man...beautiful music.

Most days at the office, I'll have some of this music on for inspiration. I think I have all of the CD's he's recorded. There are a few others too that speak to me, but I shy from making this blog a commercial.

Often, when I pray I have music playing, sometimes the music informs my prayer and that which might have been a little stale becomes alive and well. Loved ones...listen to the music of God. He will fill your soul.

Isaiah 30:29 (MSG)
29 "But you will sing, sing through an all-night holy feast! Your hearts will burst with song, make music like the sound of flutes on parade, En route to the mountain of God, on the way to the Rock of Israel."

3 Comments:

Blogger Soulpadre said...

as long as the song of heart gets deeper, stronger and more melodious....

6:50 PM  
Blogger Dave C said...

One of my favorite websites is air1.com. It is a Christian Rock station. They broadcast locally in some areas, but not where we are stationed now so I listen online while I'm surfing blogosphere.

For Blood and Fire,
Dave

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Rock on!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home