Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Friday, April 01, 2005

CSY3

April first, a well known day in America. This year it's different for me. It marks the beginning of year three as the chief secretary of The Salvation Army USA Eastern Territory. Please forgive the direct personal reference here, but it is germane to a blog named Chiefspeak.

A leader once suggested that "position determines perspective." There's veracity in the comment, but it is not as simple as it might seem. It isn't simply that the position is a frame of reference, but rather, the place of the heart in the most incredible movement of God on the face of the planet.

I'm convinced that each of us in TSA have the potential today for the same perspective that I have in CSY3. "If I had only known then what I know now..." What I know is that it is a matter of the heart...and you don't need to be as old as I am or have gone through what I've gone through to get it. Your perspective is determined by the position of your heart before God.

"the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. [27] To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Col. 1:26-27 (NIV)

April fools??? No way!

I think this is going to be another good year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home