Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Good Friends

Continuing in the Northern New England Divisional Annual Command Review, we had time tonight to sit at a dinner table, enjoying the presence of Christ in the company of good friends. This is the plan of God. We all need good friends to tell the stories of our lives and share in appreciation for the movement of God among us.

I believe He causes our paths to cross so that we might learn from each other and be comforted by the common experiences and challenges we encounter. Do you have people like this in your life? I hope so.

This wasn't the last supper, but we did so in remembrance of our Lord and celebrated His presence in our lives. It was communion at its best. I thank God for each of them and pray that they found joy in our gathering as I did. Jesus is alive!

" and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." [25] In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."
1 Cor. 11:24-25 (NIV)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Some are easier than others, but friends are friends forever...oh nevermind...that's a song.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home