Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday at The Salvation Army

I've spent more Sundays at The Salvation Army than any other place in my life. I just like to go. It's where I belong. Today, at the Spring Valley, NY Corps, everything came together for a beautifully blended worship experience to the delight of God. The brass band played well, as did the worship band. The preaching was right on (thank you Major Norman Garcia) and a sweet vocal solo by our own Allison Honsberger drew us to consider "The Wonder of His Grace".

The family of God celebrated in His presence with continuity and community. "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. [35] By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 (NIV)

How was your Sunday? Did you get to the corps? Is this where you belong?

3 Comments:

Blogger Berryinteresting said...

How different we are all. Oh . . not just people--but corps as well. As I read your blog I remembered my days as a little girl at a very small Salvation Army corps (church). Sometimes there were 15 people. The piano player was grumpy. My aunt taught my Sunday School class. And the glimpse of that little Salvation Army -- I believe . . . will last me a lifetime. It's nice to worship together.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Yes it is. I think I've been to a corps like that and probably will be there again. The Lord started it all with 12 others. I think you're the proof of the possibilities.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Thanks, tuba talks. Your reminder that we not only have corps meetings on Sunday, but ARC meetings is appropriate. I do try hard to be so politically correct. Your meeting, as you describe it, was powerful. Praise God!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home