Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Take me out to the ballgame

Baseball...the great American pastime. I write this tonight in the beautiful city of Boston, Massachusetts, the home of the world champion Boston Red Sox. They beat the Yankees (my team) yesterday and there's another game tomorrow. Carolyn and I are real baseball fans. She attempts to learn something new about baseball every day.

One of the reasons we like baseball so much is because it takes us out...you know, out of things that are distressing and intense and banal and boring. We cheer for the home team and enjoy good baseball, no matter which team makes the great play.

Do you think this is bad? I think it helps us with balance. There can be moments in our lives when the serious and the important can be replaced by the light and seemingly unimportant...like smelling the roses.

Tomorrow when the Yankees and the Sox play their game we'll be thinking...take me out...take me out to the ballgame...and it'll be good.

Job 11:13-18 (MsgB)
"Still, if you set your heart on God
and reach out to him,
[14] If you scrub your hands of sin
and refuse to entertain evil in your home,
[15] You'll be able to face the world unashamed
and keep a firm grip on life, guiltless and fearless.
[16] You'll forget your troubles;
they'll be like old, faded photographs.
[17] Your world will be washed in sunshine,
every shadow dispersed by dayspring.
[18] Full of hope, you'll relax, confident again;
you'll look around, sit back, and take it easy."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

I think I understand...Hey, if you really want to rest put cricket on the tube. It's a guaranteed cure for insomnia.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Christin ><> said...

lol......all i have to say is....

GO SOX! GO SOX! GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!

*WINK*

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home