Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Thursday, April 28, 2005

A Long Day

Perhaps you said this about today, or yesterday, or maybe even a day coming on your calendar: that's going to be a long day. Truth is, that while the awake demands on our lives may be longer today than some other days, it won't be. Praise God each day only lasts 24 hours and no less either... Just enough to get done what needs to be done.

The president only gets 24 hours a day, as does the new pope and even the General of The Salvation Army. They're getting it done. For 33 years Jesus had 24 hours a day and he changed the world forever.

Imagine what we can do, by the grace and strength of God in a day. No day too long. No day too short...every day, just as God has planned.

My day is feeling long. I'll attempt to take comfort in the fact that it really isn't...and neither is yours.

God, you're my last chance of the day.
I spend the night on my knees before you. Psalm 88:1 (MsgB)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Thank you for this post. It blessed my heart. With the all craziness, we can accomplish alot for the case for Christ. But it does begin on our knees. Thank You

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

I am grateful for both of these posts. God is at work.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home