Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Fullday

It's a new day of the week: Fullday. I can't imagine that anyone at the Family Enrichment Conference was bored today (Saturday). Bible Bowl first thing in the morning. This is a great invention. Ask if you don't know. Then there was the Family Fest (indoor)Parade (Plus!). Well, it was a parade with a great multi-dimensional meeting included. Extraordinary music, dance, drama and more...

In the afternoon there were officer session reunions. Carolyn and I had a blessed time at the "Fearless" reunion - 60 years! ...and then Star Search competition all afternoon...awards in the Hershey Amusement Park with a BBQ picnic supper...topped off with a New York Staff Band Concert which was a standing ovation waiting to happen.

So, Fullday is a day in which everyone has something wonderful to do, God is glorified, and you're tired at the end of the day.

Happy Fullday!...Sunday will be Fullness of blessing day...I'm expecting miracles!

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16 (NIV)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann Parks said...

It was great running into you before the Family Fest Parade! On a personal note - it means alot when a leader such as you and Mrs. Knaggs take the time to say hello to someone like me, one of the "little people" :-). I was only able to be there for the Saturday events, but even with that, I still got my money's worth and then some. The Parade went very smoothly (I was VERY impressed). I greatly appreciated when the TAM group illustrated the extended meaning of "family." The only moment of the meeting that touched my heart more was when the Burgmayers were announced as recipients of the Great Commission Award.

Unfortunately, I missed the awards ceremony, but I can imagine there were some tough choices for the adjudicators. I made it to the BBQ (of course :)) and had the opportunity to touch base with a lot of good friends who I don't get to see too often.

Many kudos to those who planned and executed this weekend! Well Done!!!!!!!!!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

The concert was awesome! I have to say that my favorite was Salvador..They just had soo much energy! The Teen night event was also really fun! We played lots of fun games and Project 1:17 spoke for a little bit about fear. Just long enough to get the message across. I also had lots of fun hanging out with people after the evening events, I was questioning whether or not it was a good idea, because I had to be up soo early, BUt it was absoluteley worth it! I haven't seen soo many people for such a long time. I had to catch up with them, not go to bed.
Saturday was really fun, even though I got completely soaked when I got caught in the middle of the storm! OH well. Star Search went really well, I'm so proud of my corps, we have come soo far..just a couple of years ago I was the only one who used to participate, now we won the Divisional Commanders award and moved on to Territorial in many events (and won!) I know that it is not all about winning,It's about using your talents to glorify God. But the joy knowing that you did win, is awesome.
Today (Sunday) was AWESOME! I'm soo happy that Captain Collette Mason is going to Riverhead! She is awesome, and also that the Duarte's are going to Staten Island! The one thing that bothered me a little bit was the fact that the cadets nelt down on that bench, I just think that it looks as if they are knealing to the general. Besides that, the service was nice. I loved the cadet beginner brass, we need to carry on the brass tradition. I think that music is one of the best and most powerful ways of spreading the love of JEsus.
I guess working was fun. It was really tiring though.. I've never realized how much work goes on behind the scenes! It's crazy! All the planning and rehersing. Everyone did an amazing job!
Anyway, it was nice to see you and all your family( the little baby too!)
Hope to see you soon! God Bless, Love,
Allison

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home