Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, June 06, 2005

Covenant

The sacredness of this word impresses me. Last night at the School for Officer Training, Almost the entire session of cadets, the "Preparers of the Way" came to the altar of God and made covenant with Him. This is a "high holy" moment in our movement. The Territorial Commander gave a passionate message pertinent to the moment and to the future of these students of the gospel. Sacred music filled the room, and the altar was filled time and again with covenant. This is an essential step on their way to being commissioned as officers in The Salvation Army.

We must pray for them in their journey. They have been trained by the best we have and are ready to take their place on the field. Hallelujah!

Don't be worried that not all made covenant with the Lord. There was this one, who for having her second child Saturday, was still in the hospital. Her covenant service will take place as a special moment prior to her commissioning. She is Cadet Tawny Cowen-Zanders and the baby girl is Zoe. I understand both are doing fine and that Tawny will be in Hershey. Good thing. She's also the session's representative speaker. Should be a good one.

Leviticus 26:12 (NIV)
"I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people."

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

It seems really odd to hear of POWs signing their covenant! I'm a POW in the UK training college and our covenant day is still a few weeks off.

It's great to hear a bit of news about my "session mates" from the other side of the Atlantic.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Welcome Chris.

Covenant - 5 June
Commencement - 9 June
Commissioning & Appointments - 12 June

I believe you've already received your appointment. Ours are still issued in a public meeting after Commissioning.

I wager you find great advantage in knowing in advance.

Congratulations on your committment. As I write I pray that God will continue to surround you with His grace as you serve Him in the ranks.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home