Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Lunch with the General

Carolyn and I enjoyed lunch today with General and Mrs. Bramwell Tillsley. I know I ordered a BBQ chicken sandwich, but I feasted on the moments with these giants in the faith and leaders in the Army. Retired? Only officially. With their schedule for ministry since retirement, most of us would call it active service.

They were the leaders of the Training School when we were cadets and we were as enamored with them then as we are today. At lunch, we were able to thank them again for giving us the truth at the SFOT. We believed them then, and it has all proven true. God is faithful. He has a wonderful plan for us and his love will abundantly sustain us in the most difficult of days.

We believed their message of holiness because they are holy people. We believed their confidence in The Salvation Army because we had confidence in them as Salvation Army leaders. We knew Jesus better because we saw Him in them. We knew the future was bright because they shined brilliantly in the present.

I know that I was filled up from lunch, but I don't know if I ate my sandwich.

"This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. [22] It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. [23] They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lament. 3:21-23 (KJV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home