Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Lt. Colonel Olof Lundgren

We use the expression Promoted to Glory in our beloved Salvation Army. Today, we use this term to describe a gentle giant of a Salvationist, Lt. Colonel Olof Lundgren. He was called home this morning to the delight of heaven and the thrill of his own soul. The greeting in glory must be grand. I can hear him shout Hallelujah and imagine the excitement in his gait as he approached our Living Lord.

It is the end of an era. I do not remember life in The Salvation Army without Lt. Colonel Lundgren. His leadership, witness, musicianship and all will be lasting in my heart. Take a moment today to thank God for Lt. Colonel Lundgren's life.

If you have a story...let it be known.

Thank you, Lord, for Lt. Colonel Olof Lundgren. "With banners and bonnets they come."

Psalms 116:15 (NIV)
Ps 116:15 "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."

2 Comments:

Blogger Christin ><> said...

If it is the same man that i am thinking of, i believe i met him once.....did he make his home at waterford glen?

I do believe that it was him who took my hand and sang to me for almost 15 minutes.....a thick accent? in a wheelchair? Talked about knowing all the great musicians of army old, particurally Leidzen?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Seeker of The Light said...

Wow! Your comment about him striding over to Jesus is exciting! I can see it! I can hear it! What a grand moment it must have been! Hallelujah!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home