Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Christmas Shopping

As I calculate it, we have 45 shopping days until Christmas. We spent the entire day (on furlough) doing just that. Carolyn is a world class shopper who knows how to manage discounts, coupons and outlet store shopping to produce market miracles. She has a jump start on our shopping with gifts for eleven of our family and close friends.

I know this can be thought of as an American (capitalist) luxury, but we see it differently. Every one of our gifts is given as an expression of our love and most always is something quite useful, if not needed.

If you're still trying to sort this out for yourself, just know you have 45 days to do so before Christmas. I am glad God didn't hold back on His love for us.

"Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love." 1 Cor 13 (Msg)

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

Yeah Mrs.Knaggs! I love Christmas, the snow, and ofcoarse shopping! I think it is the best time of the year

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Aunt Carolyn going to make another snowman craft this year? I hope so! Every Christmas we bring out all of the ornaments and decorations she has made. They are all so cute. I think my favorite one is the the wooden snowman that is 2 ft. tall from quite a few years ago. :)

12:03 AM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

Time passes by so quickly. 45 days till Christmas! That doesn't seem possible....wasn't I just at O.O.B. yesterday??

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so it is 45 days away....at this point it is just 9 days 'til kettles start! Like tuba talk said "I thank God for all his rich gifts over the years. He has been so faithful and I know his giving is not done. The best is yet to come." I trust these words from a wise sage as we enter this very busy time! Hey Col. Knaggs want to play a duet or two on kettles here in Cincinnati, you know like the "old days in Philly!" Blessings to all!
Tim S. (Lt., who would have thought that!?)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Christin ><> said...

Oh my goodness! Tim! You need to get a blog!!!!

[Tim is one of THE nicest people i know -- and he's running the best corps -- my home corps!]

8:54 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Lt. Tim, hey- it works. Anyhow, kettles start tomorrow for us. And in amongst that I've just completed my first grant proposal so this week has been crazy for me, but I too spent Tuesday Christmas shopping. I haven't bought any gifts yet, but I did buy all the rest of the ornaments and decorations I need. I am thinking of doing "Gifts of Time" this year-- spending time with my family throughout the coming year. Like a father/daughter date, movie night with my baby brother, etc. (Boy I sure hope they don't read this, ha ha ha!) But I'm still thinking on that idea. Anyhow, I must go post a blog, so I shall say goodnight... ~Karen~

11:46 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

These are great and wonderful thoughts...like beautiful ornaments of lives committed to Christ.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home