Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday Meeting

I hope you were able to get to the corps today...you know...your corps...wherever it is. I've discovered there's a rich fellowship awaiting us at TSA, particularly on Sundays. The music is inspiring...great band and songsters this morning...the preaching is stimulating...as usual.

Today we enjoyed a baby dedication...Eliza Madison Pritchard, daughter of Joe and Christine Pritchard, granddaughter of Majors Joe and Cookie Pritchard and Majors Ed and Darlene Russell. She's beautiful and blessed. This singular commitment by her parents draws together the love of Christ in a holy family and in the celebration of the whole congregation.

One day will come when Eliza will need to decide for Jesus herself. In the meantime, she is covered by her parents love and that of a loving Savior who receives her from her parents as they offer her to Him in love.

Matthew 18:3 (NLT)
"Then he said, 'I assure you, unless you turn from your sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.'"

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

I went to my corps today...While driving to the corps my sister decided to take another route which lead us down a street called Terrace Avenue..I don't know if you know of this street but it is right across from the corps and lets just say it is not a great place to be (violence, gangs, drugs, police) Personally, I've only been down it twice! Anyway, while driving down the street I saw some of the children that go to the corps waving and I thought to myself, wow I can't believe they are exposed to this at such a young age! Finally I saw the corps at the end of the road and it felt like the light at the end of a very dark tunnel. It was a big awakening to me. With the kids today, God gave me peace and patients and believe me it is very hard to have patience with some of them!...Wow, God shows us things in very strange ways! Anyway I was blessed today!
Much love and prayers,
Allison

8:17 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

allison and jim,

i have been down terrace ave and actually held eliza in my arms. both were privileges i will not forget. both were expressions of how we need to love God and express that love in practical ways.

i am glad you were both blessed on sunday. i pray for those whose only impression of church is a club that you must join instead of a body who comes to their street with open arms to hug them in the name of Jesus.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home