Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Brooklyn

Now this is a great boro. God needs us to work in Brooklyn where the enemy has plenty of opportunity to thwart the gospel. I spent the day with Captains Silvano and Carmen Diaz who are the ARC administrators of this very important institution. We looked everywhere in their operations to see what work they were doing and what work needed to be done.

Officership in the ARC is very rewarding, but very challenging as well. These two do it with incredible, holy integrity and expectation. After we toured their facilities and considered their overall operations, the Captain wanted to assure us that they were seeing God at work in miraculous ways. The lives of many men were being changed to the glory of God.

If you have the opportunity today, call an ARC officer or employee on the phone and affirm their ministry. They are heroes.

Psalms 16:3 (NLT)
Ps 16:3 "The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

I don't know if you have seen it on the news, but a boy from my school in the 7th grade died yesterday...he was at a park in the next town over and he was hanging on a rope and somehow the rope got around his neck and he hung himself...They are investigating this because it sounds very unreal..Please pray for his family as well as my school..I have never seen my school so down before...we didn't do anything in any of our classes either...pictures and posters were all over the walls and lockers....very sad...

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

I'm so sorry to read this, Allison. This must be very difficult. We saw it on the news and were moved at the impact on this family and the community. I expect that your witness is important to your close friends at school. We're praying with you.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home