Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, February 26, 2006

TV Commercials

Some TV Commercials, I just don't get. Some are plenty funny and others annoying. I found myself during the Superbowl, anxiously awaiting the commercials.

Before we are too hard on the capitalistic ways of our beloved country, recognize that these commercials are simply giving us what we desire. They are a (poor) reflection of our interests and desires. If you want to study our culture, you don't have to go any further than your television...or magazine...or billboard. In most cases it's an ugly picture, although not always.

I think you know where I'm going. How well are we reflecting the grace of God? If an advertisement were designed specifically for you, what would it be like? What nature of yours would it appeal to?

Genesis 1:27 (MSG)
27 "God created human beings; he created them godlike, Reflecting God's nature. He created them male and female."

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole_Marietta said...

That's a great question! I never thought about having a personal advertisement, but I guess we are all God's walking billboards. Thanks for getting us thinking!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

And yours is very convincing!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home