Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Culture of Trust

Bill Thrall, of Leadership Catalyst, met with us in the M&M III Forum. I've read the book a few years ago, sat in this seminar before, and still value what I learned this week. The reality of leadership is influence, and the reality of influence is trust...Get it? No trust...no influence...not leadership.

Of course, this is a much modified and simplistic conclusion of a very involved and interesting presentation. He spoke to us without the need for SA translation or interpretation. Everyone in any SA role benefited. Where don't we want to facilitate trust?

Trust me, it was trustworthy.

1 Peter 2:7 (MSG)
7 "To you who trust him, he's a Stone to be proud of, but to those who refuse to trust him, The stone the workmen threw out is now the chief foundation stone."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hear Patrick Lencioni (The Five Dysfunctions of a Team) at the Christian Management Association Conference. He referenced the fact (from his book) that trust is foundational to teams. The role of the leader in overcoming an absence of trust is to be vulnerable.

Lord help me to build trust on my team.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even relating to Christian leadership, past betrayals of trust leave scars that are very difficult to overcome. If only a leader can be transparently holy and unquestioningly obedient to the Spirit's leadings devoid of human motivation, the trust would come more easily.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Bill has much to teach us. I am glad the territory brought him in for this important gathering.

He certainly resonates with my heart

5:54 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Being vulnerable and humble was discussed at length in the sessions. These are each good observations.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust is a funny thing,
it is there till it is broken
then very difficult to repair.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Not impossible...

8:41 PM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

I just returned from vacation. I've been catching up on my blogging. I wanted to thank you for the kind words you said about me in one of your comments on my site. I can only hope and pray that I can live up to them in some small way.
I liked this topic of a "culture of trust." In my opinion everything we do is about relationship and trust.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home