Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Getting Ready

A good discipline for all of us is to get ready for Sunday worship. For many years, before I was committed fully to Christ, Saturday night was party night. I stayed up as long as I could, never mind what I was doing, and got to the corps at the last minute to take my place, usually in the band.

I enjoy Sundays so much better now that I see the benefit of approaching the day with less distraction and more rest. I look forward to being there. I anticipate the presence of God, seen undeniably in the faces and hearts of my friends and associates. I'm usually surprised by the blessing of the verses to an unexpected song, the voice of a prayer or a testimony scheduled or not.

Tonight, I'm getting ready for Sunday...Sabbath. Go for it!

Exodus 20:8 (NASB)
8 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home