Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, February 27, 2006

Lt. Colonel Norman Bearcroft

Not an obituary.

Rather...a birthday celebration. Tonight, a few of Lt. Colonel Bearcroft's good NY friends assembled to give a surprise 80th birthday party. He's an amazing man of God who has served faithfully in musical and other dynamic ways to worship God and assist others to do so as well.

From an early day, I remember his music reaching my soul and leading me to greater confidence in the presence of God. I am not alone in this reality. Thousands around the world share this appreciation as many will until the return of the Lord Himself. Bearcroft's music will greatly outlast this generation and will always be valued for its spiritual relevance. I'm grateful to God for this man and that for a time such as this, he's in the neighborhood.

Psalms 149:3 (MSG)
3 "Let them praise his name in dance; strike up the band and make great music!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole_Marietta said...

We had him as a special guest at music camp 2 years ago. I had a great time with him as we played under his direction in the top band and as I worked with him to place the campers into choruses. I was blessed to see his connection with the campers throughout the week!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Schoolcraft Wind Ensemble said...

Just heard the Better World solo played by Nick Childs. Great tecnique!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home