Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day 2006

As we visit Kensico each year, we celebrate the memory of Salvationists who have been called home and whose remains are buried in this beautiful SA section of the Kensico Cemetary. Many of the great hearts are remembered there including Evangeline Booth, Herbert Booth, Consul Booth-Tucker, Samuel Logan Brengle, Joe the Turk and more. When you walk these grounds, you walk through the pages of the history of TSA in America.

Our Territorial Leaders, Commissioners Lawrence and Nancy Moretz have always made it a priority to be there and participate in the service of remembrance. They enlist the SFOT Band and Chorus and the territorial cabinet leadership to make it a very special occasion and experience. The weather was perfect this year and God was honored by acknowledging Him and His provision of grace. Hallelujah!

Psalms 77:11 (NIV)
11 "I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago."

3 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

As a cadet, this was a very special day for me. I noticed that I played my instrument a little better, and sang a little better. In addition to all of the other saints, my grandfather is also buried there. I played often with tears in my eyes as I remembered his influence on my life.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May all who come behind us find us as faithful as those who rest here at Kensico. There is an amazing peace here knowing that these saints are celebrating in Heaven. Can you just imagine the conversation they are having!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Great people. Great memories. Great God.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home