Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Thursday, May 18, 2006

No Appointment Day

Today was amazing: no appointments. This is definitely a rare occurrence. I can't remember the last day that happened at the office. I didn't have any trouble filling the day and even missed lunch by remaining focused on the job.

Some days, the whole day is filled to the brim with appointments. These are the days work goes home at night in order to stay on top of things. Most days are a mixture of the two with a few unexpected appointments scattered throughout. I have learned to accept these unexpected appointments as divine interruptions. They often bring unplanned joys and bumps that turn into satisfaction.

How did your day turn out?

Psalms 37:23 (MSG)
23 "Stalwart walks in step with God; his path blazed by God, he's happy."

4 Comments:

Blogger Kapten Clark said...

How did my day turn out? Tim had a good talk about Jesus being God with four teenage boys who came to our noortekoosolek (youth meeting), using materials I had found for him on the Internet. Earlier in the day, he had gone to the police station to talk about some other of "our" boys. (My role was to have my heart broken -- again.)

Definitely a "you win some, you lose some" sort of a day, although I hesitate to put it so casually when discussing casualties!

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How did your day turn out?" We spent most the day with Majors George & Donna Hood, in a beautiful service for Donna’s sister, who was “promoted to glory” over the weekend. George reminded us as he looked around the room about making sure our roots are deeply buried in Christ love. Donna’s sister was a great gardener and could make seeds/bulb grow into beautiful flowers and plants. The service was a wonderful tribute to Donna’s sister, as well a great time of worship with family and friends. Praise God for His faithfulness!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

How did I spend my day? I took an AP exam in school and now I'm off to Youth Councils! I'm excited! Please pray!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Such different days. Look what God is doing.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home