Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, May 08, 2006

Give and Take

Relationships require giving and receiving. If you're always giving or always receiving, there's a problem with your relationship.

I find it more natural to give than receive. I don't see it as a particularly holy aspect of my character, but I shy from a compliment or being waited upon. I know, Carolyn, you take care of me in more ways than imaginable. I've learned to appreciate and value our giving and receiving.

Tonight, some good friends gave me a surprise word of thanks and a few presents as well. This has really blessed my soul more than they could know. Please, I'm not lobbying for accolades or presents, but this particular moment with these particular people for whom I have the utmost respect has humbled me considerably.

Thank you, Lord for friends and associates who have given me their sincere friendship, more valuable than silver or gold.

Proverbs 3:14 (MSG)
14 "She's worth far more than money in the bank; her friendship is better than a big salary."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a little something I recently read; "the best relationships are 90/10. If you both will give 90% and take only 10%, you will have a formula likely to continue to bring happiness for a lifetime." I know that Lisa and I want to "THANK" you and Carolyn for your love, friendship and support.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cols. Knaggs,

Thank you for your genuine friendship, caring and concern. I count myself among the many who will miss you as you take your new post. But, I know that, even as you are half a world away, in the Spirit, you are only a prayer away. Know that you will be in my prayers, as well as the prayers of scores of others.

May God bless you as you step in faith into new areas.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home