Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, June 12, 2006

Commissioning 2006

The weekend was filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit. Following the TEC meetings, we came towards the SFOT for the graduation of Project 1:17. Thank you, Majors Ashcraft for your faithfulness. 1:17 will miss you, but always remember you.

Friday morning started with the dedication of the Agnew Hall at the SFOT. It is a family residence facility, beautifully done. Then came the Commencement Meeting for the cadets and 1:17. Students were honored, degrees were conferred and God was glorified.

Friday night we were off to THQ to launch the 24/7 Prayer Initiative. Our people are committed to pray around the clock for no less than one year. Nothing in our territory will ever be detached from this prayer movement. Pay attention. God is.

The first ever Territorial Hispanic Celebration happened on Saturday, concurrent with Star Search. Both events hit the mark with excellence and inspiration. The thrill of our Spanish speaking brothers and sisters worshiping the Lord in this united setting in their first language was powerful and extraordinary. Star Search is a long term proven event that continues to raise the level of Salvationism in the context of music and the arts.

On Sunday, we witnessed the presence of God in the ordination and commissioning of the Visionaries session of cadets. In the afternoon we celebrated their appointment service. There's something powerful about people walking on to a stage before 2,000+ people, saying, "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord." Hallelujah!

More can be said and will be in the next issue of Good News.

Acts 13:2 (MSG)
2 "One day as they were worshiping God—they were also fasting as they waited for guidance—the Holy Spirit spoke: "Take Barnabas and Saul and commission them for the work I have called them to do."

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

This was a bittersweet time for us, as I am sure it was for you and Carolyn. It is always hard to leave the familiar and things you love. We are getting excited about the new challenges ahead.

Thanks for your kind words. By the way,what will your blog be called when you get to Melbourne?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

This weekend was great..I did the prayer room Sunday morning from 3:00 to 6:00 am! Kinda like what Tabitha said in the TAM sketch :) Anyway, it was awesome and I thought I would be dead on Sunday but God gave me strength! I was wide awake for both the morning and afternoon meeting! God is Great! Ofcoarse I crashed as soon as I got home!

This weekend was very sad too! I hate goodbyes, especially the ones when you know you aren't going to see them much anymore and you hold back crying when you really just want to ball your eyes out! That happend to me this weekend. Like you said before, the Ashcrafts are moving. And you too! But I will hopefully see you again before you move! I hope you keep blogging when you leave, both you and Major Ashcraft! It will be a GREAT way to keep in touch!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said both to me in person and on your blog, "Nothing in our territory will ever be detached from this prayer movement." hmmm. I've been and will be thinking about that alot throughout the year, the Year of Prayer. I receive this brother, as a Word from the heart of our Father. Thanks for it.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home