Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, June 05, 2006

Good Health

Without question our good health is a part of our personal stewardship before God. I am not sure if the mind, body, or spirit is superior to one of the others. I do understand that each have their significance.

In our spiritual formation we tend not to consider the importance of our physical well being. I think this is a serious oversight that we should adjust. We pray better when we are rested. We are more fit to give good service when we are in good physical condition.

I am preaching to myself here. I need work in this area. Let us encourage each other with appropriate suggestions and support of good health. I think God would approve.

"Study to show yourself approved into God." 2 Tim 2:15

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

The older I get, the harder it is to stay in decent shape. I find myself with less motivation to really push myself the way that I need to be in top physical form.

The real issue is that we must stay as fit as we can, because our bodies are "the temple of God." It is also a necessary spiritual discipline.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

The comments are by three people who have invested themselves in their ministry. Their recommendations are trustworthy.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home