Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Octogenarian

This means a person is 80 years old. This would describe Brigadier Evelyn Grimm, who is secure enough for the world to know her age. It was said at her birthday party, that her life has been an undeniable testimony to the veracity of the gospel which declares the love of God through Christ.

She is an amazing woman and a true soldier of Jesus. She continues to contribute at her corps and will only be found there on Sundays. She even demonstrates a post-modern acceptance in her lifestyle and understanding. She's a great lady.

I don't usually call her Brigadier. I most often call her Mom.

Proverbs 31:30 (NIV)
30 "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

4 Comments:

Blogger Evie said...

I always admired your mother. I enjoy reading her comments on your blog - she's a real pistol.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love your mom! She is a wonderful lady.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Here's hoping the octogenarian has read such great comments.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mom (and Dad) blessed my heart many times. They complimented ewach other. A real class act. Spiritual to the bone, with humor and passion in everything they did. My only regret is that I didn't get to assist them in Pioneer years ago.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home