Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, June 19, 2006

Fathers' Day

This is a welcomed day by many fathers. It certainly was for me. My kids (The term children doesn't seem to work for adults and offspring sounds like a clinical category.) always treat me with deep love, respect and presents...nice presents. Ties and socks are good, but I'm usually looking for something that has electrical current. My kids, all of them make me very proud. Each are on a journey of discovery that includes God. This, of course is the only reasonable path in life. All others lead to destruction.

Some of my friends, like me, have lost their fathers on the journey and others have not known their fathers or have known them to bring trouble to their lives. So Fathers' Day becomes complicated. Do I need to remind you that our Father has never let us down and will never be absent? No one loves you more. You can count on Him on Fathers' Day and every day.

Isaiah 63:16 (NASB77)
16 "For Thou art our Father, though Abraham does not know us, And Israel does not recognize us. Thou, O LORD, art our Father, Our Redeemer from of old is Thy name."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home