Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Africa

So I've not visited Africa before. From all accounts, this should be a great experience. Lt. Colonels Carlson and I had a moment at the altar this past weekend to ask God for His anointing for our ministry there. We're teaching at the twentieth Brengle Holiness Institute of the East Africa Territory in Nairobi, Kenya.

Today, we depart on the journey and will arrive on Friday for a Saturday start. The sessions go until the following Sunday. Your prayers are needed. We want to be bathed in the Spirit so the message is obvious and we're not distracted by poor health or unfortunate circumstances. Thanks for your help in Christ.

As usually happens when these significant ministry opportunities present themselves, we come away blessed in extraordinary ways. We anticipate this in faithfulness to Him who is always faithful.

Hopefully, I'll be able to introduce some new friends in these days here and convey the working of God among us all as I attempt to do most days.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)

7 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

That's my favorite memory verse... GOd BLess and stay safe.
Love,
Allison

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann Parks said...

Although you may not see this until you get back to the States, I'll be praying for you. Have a safe and peaceful trip there and back!

Mary

7:24 PM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

Ahh what am I going to do without reading your entry's everyday!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Soulpadre said...

You can bet we will praying for you, LTC Carlson, and the entire class. May the Lord indeed bless you with wisdom and knowledge with understanding!

SP

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning,
Praying for all of you as you head to Africa to minister. I pray that the hearts and minds of those to whom you will be teaching will be open and willing to hear what God has for them. I pray that not only will you be a blessing to them, but that you will receive a blessing in return and that you will come back filled with God's presence.
~Karen~

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discovered your blog this morning. I enjoyed your entries and pray for a real moving of the Holy Spirit while you're in Africa. My first international OMM trip was to Africa...Zimbabwe. It was a moving and eye & heart opening experience. For the first time in my life I witnessed the excitement and sincerety of Salvationists who had a passion for worship and for Christ. May you also experience such passion and spiritual awakening.
Cindy
OMM

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Having returned, I am most grateful for each of you who were praying for us in East Africa. The Lord answered your prayers with a divine "Yes!"

I'll probably refer to a few of these experiences as the summer days pass. God is alive and well in TSA.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home