Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Baseball

One of the great things about an American summer is the national pastime of baseball. Being a lifelong Yankee fan has made the sport quite enjoyable. We thought last year was troubling, but this year is less promising. Can we get a pitcher?

Generally, if we're home and the Yankees are playing, we're watching. We went to the game the other night and sat five rows from the top. The blimp was in the sky and asked us to move a little to the left in order for them to get a good camera angle. Well, it seemed so.

They're wining in the game we're watching tonight in the fifth inning. I sleep better when they win.

What interests you in the summer? Are you able to relax and take a break from the urgent? Baseball or not, margins are needed in a balanced life.

Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

3 Comments:

Blogger Berryinteresting said...

So I guess you slept well last night. But it seems like we're getting left in the dust. We love baseball, too -- and watching it with our friends is a joy -- and perhaps a memory we will have to cherish someday. Take a deep breath . . . and play ball!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Seeker of The Light said...

I don't want to hear about your pitching woes . . . I'm a Devil Rays fan. Now we can talk about problems!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

How about last night? Pitching...

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home