Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Picnics

Picnics can be great. We went to one last night that was particularly nice. The food was superb and the fellowship satisfying. The weather was a real pleasure and we all enjoyed sitting outdoors. We told stories, laughed together and praised God for His many blessings. On another day, we might have made it a new corps opening.

Tomorrow is the THQ picnic where we all come with our families and have a pleasant time with each other. I think this is time well spent and I really enjoy the opportunities. We really like seeing all the kids having a good time in a very safe environment.

Carolyn's planning on a family Labor Day picnic at our house. Costco here we come!

Life isn't a picnic, but we can have one once in a while.

Acts 20:22-24 (MSG)
"But there is another urgency before me now. I feel compelled to go to Jerusalem. I'm completely in the dark about what will happen when I get there.
23 I do know that it won't be any picnic, for the Holy Spirit has let me know repeatedly and clearly that there are hard times and imprisonment ahead.
24 But that matters little. What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim...just want you to know how much I am enjoying your daily events and the scripture that goes with it...terrific!!! Love you all..of course having a picnic without me is just not a Picnic for me!!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the anonymous...only way I seem to get through...try again....Mom

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home