Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Star Lake Musicamp

Since this is happening this week, I'm getting nostalgic about the place and the program. It's where I first met Carolyn. What more can I say except...get to the "Lake" and find the love of your life!

Of course that's not the primary reason for SLMC, but it's a good one. The reason as I see it is to glorify God by the improvement of His people. It is in a musical context and that delights God. Of all the arts and beauty He has given us, music stands out as one that reaches the soul and can facilitate a closer relationship with the Lord Himself.

No wonder I was caught up with all that love in 1965.

I've also seen it as an opportunity for spiritual retreat. The Star Lake altar is one of my annual favorites.

Programs abound this week at night and the final award ceremony at the flag pole (where else?) is on Sunday afternoon...Razzle Dazzle Rah Rah Rah!

Php 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love SLMC! I continue to pray for the staff and delegates as they are there this week. ~Karen~

8:57 AM  
Blogger Christin ><> said...

Hey there! SLMC ROCKS! I love SLMC.
On a completely different note....i'm going to be at THQ today.....are you around?

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home