Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rosa Parks

Today I celebrate Rosa Parks day. In NY, buses reserved a front seat in her memory. Fifty years ago today, in an act of civil disobedience, Rosa refused to sit in the back of the bus where "her kind" were supposed to sit. It was in Montgomery, Alabama and she fueled the civil rights movement. She's a hero.

I hope you see that her victory was for us all. Justice serves everyone with integrity, balance and equity. That's another reason we must practice the gospel. True justice is impossible with out the truth. The way of justice will not be properly applied without authentic understanding of right and wrong. Our lives will only realize complete opportunity when justice is alive. Now look again at what has been written. You should see that Jesus is the foundation of justice.

John 14:6 (CEV)
"I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 PM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

I went to led devotions at our Cornerstone shelter tonight. It was meant to be an Advent theme. One of the women in residence is Muslim. She was raised strict Baptist. It was interesting talking with her. She has agreed to meet with me again next week. Please pray. Your verse on your blog was part of the conversation. I asked her if Islam gave her the freedom she didn’t seem to feel as a child in the Baptist church. Her answer was no…just different restrictions and rules she could live with.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

justice....it seems we often pay lip service to it. I wonder what would happen if all of us as Christians were as bold as Rosa Parks? She taught us a great deal about justice and the price of freedom.

I am glad Christ was bold for us!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

I love your blog..the posts and comments are soo awesome! I learn soo much from reading this day to day...I am blessed...Thanks!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

We need to pray for the lady at Cornerstone. I will.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home