Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, January 22, 2006

GNY Retreat

We find ourselves with the Greater New York Division at their officer's retreat. The Nuesch's and company have prepared carefully for what we believe will be a time of refreshment and renewal.

Pray for us. It requires sacred work on our part and receptive focus on the part of the officers attending. All this to glorify God and bring honor to His name.

Isaiah 55:8 (NIV)
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

3 Comments:

Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

Retreats are interesting. I never seem to want to go but when I get there I am always blessed. We had a good retreat for NJ. Good guest, good fellowship, good food! Why is it that I never want to go?! I came home feeling rested. God is good!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Retreats ARE interesting. I wonder why we have corporate retreats, but often give very little thought to personal retreats.

I have never really wanted to go to the corporate ones. I have had different reactions to them. Sometimes I have thought why am I here?

I have always had a good time in personal retreats. Maybe it is the way I am wired.

The fact is we all need times to retreat into the presence of God.

God bless you as you minister at GNY.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

This was a great experience.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home