Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Monday, January 09, 2006

Officers' Retreat

Every year at about this same time, commands schedule their officers' retreats. Following what is typically the most intense time of the year, Christmas, the officers are advantaged by a few days away in a relaxing setting for fellowship, Bible study and inspiration.

Good babysitters are greatly appreciated and solid office support at the corps and other locations are invaluable. These helpful people allow the officers to take this time, badly needed.

While your officers are away, why not lift them up in prayer as well as their ministries and families. As an officers kid, myself, I occasionally gave my parents reason to be concerned while they were at retreat. Be supportive. They will come back invigorated.

Psalms 119:114 (MSG)
"114 You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me."

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I also gave my parents reason to be worried on some occasions when they were at retreat. They came back invigorated. I got interrogated.

I pray all officers will have a great time of refreshing and renewal.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

We are at Retreat and having a good first day. It is great to have wireless internet in the hotel--especially when you only have one tv!

More importantly, God is speaking already. I am sure great things will be revealed to us this next day and a half.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home