Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Scriptures

It is a marvelous thing that God has done by giving us His printed word.

We believe that the Scriptures of the old and new testaments were given by inspiration of God and that they only constitute the divine rule of Christian faith and practice.

This understanding is basic and foundational. I embrace it with complete confidence as do all Salvationists. I have learned that God's word is dynamic and alive today. We can depend upon the truths contained therein for our lives and to draw us to fullness in Christ.

Read it. Ingest it. Know it through and through...and live.

Psalms 119:105 (NIV)
"105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home