Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Majors Glenn and Mary Avery

The Averys retired last Saturday at Star Lake Lodge and Conference Center. It was just beautiful. As they went through the different phases of their life with photos and comments from friends, they both said, "that was a wonderful appointment. We loved being there."

They figured out the secret to living: being content with your life and enjoying it. They've been serving the Lord with joy and won't let retirement stop them. God has honored their faithfulness with His blessing. I can only hope to finish my officership so well.

1 John 1:4 (MSG)
4 "Our motive for writing is simply this: We want you to enjoy this, too. Your joy will double our joy!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave C said...

I wasn't able to get down to the retirement, but I would've liked to. The Avery's enrolled me as a soldier in Bangor, ME and started the process of pre-SFOT training.

I will remember forever the day he handed me the pick-axe and shovel and told me where the ladder was and said "I need you to chip the ice off the roof". :o) That was during the Ice Storm of '98...and yes, I did survive it!

I'm sure God will continue to use them while in the reserve units.

For Blood and Fire,
Dave

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Their ministry has incredible and eternal results.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home