Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, March 18, 2006

NYSB Future All-Stars

As we write, seventy or so teenage brass musicians have gathered at the Star Lake Lodge and Conference Center for the above noted weekend. The New York Staff Band persons are there as well, teaching and mentoring these students in music and more. This is the third year the event has taken place.

This past week, Major Tom Mack was telling a few of us at the office how incredibly important the experience was for student and band person alike. Let's pray for them in the time remaining. They're at the Spring Valley, NY Corps tomorrow where we'll catch up with them.

Matthew 13:52 (MSG)
52 He said, "Then you see how every student well-trained in God's kingdom is like the owner of a general store who can put his hands on anything you need, old or new, exactly when you need it."

7 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

My cousin participated in this last year and from what I understand, he really had a good time.

It is great that the NYSB provides this opportunity for the next generation of Army musicians.

I classify myself as an mediocre amateur musician, and the two occasions where I had the opportunity to play alongside the NYSB were truly a memory to cherish.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

Hey,
I never got a chance to see you today but I talked with your wife..How did you like the meeting?

11:01 PM  
Blogger Evie said...

As my nephew has noted, my son, Joshua, attended this event last year. He enjoyed it so much that he talked throughout the year about returning.

Well, he returned this past weekend and reports that it was, again, a great experience.

The NYSB can be proud of itself for having the vision to initiate such a wonderful program to encourage young Salvationist musicians.

Keep up the great work!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I like the idea..."All-star" to me has sort of a haughty sound to it. Not sure what you could change the name to.

Knowing most of the NYSB, I don't think they view themselves as all-stars, just ministers of the gospel through the medium of music.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

I loved it, as always! I always learn soo much and get to meet so many amazing people! I'm looking forward to next year!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

It was great and I missed the opportunity to speak with you, Allison. Your testimony was perfect. God is at work in you.

I've only heard the best comments about this weekend. Kudos to B/M Waiksnoris and the NYSB!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

She's a Future All-Star for sure!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home