Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

SWONEKY ACR

So it's the annual command review season. This one in Cincinnati is the last one Carolyn and I will do in this territory. I'm getting a little nostalgic.

The division is led by Majors Kenneth and Cheryl Maynor. They've been doing it well here for a few years now. This command is a warm Bible-belt experience, where family values are still important and where hard work is normal. They still have their challenges, but they also have a culture where morality is expected.

The Maynors would be quick to credit both their divisional team and the field operations team that is doing the frontline ministries and they'd be right. It takes many dedicated people to do what they're doing around here with dynamic integrity. Thank you, each!

Jude 1:2 (MSG)
2 "Relax, everything's going to be all right; rest, everything's coming together; open your hearts, love is on the way!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

You and your wife are very, VERY, busy people! God Bless you and your ministries!

10:34 PM  
Blogger bedemike said...

Sorry I called Phil out of one of your meetings. We needed him for our Fantasy Baseball League! He probably played it cool, though.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Evie said...

Swoneky is a fantastic division. I've had the privilege of living there twice. My first association came when I was born there. I don't actually recall this event but I know it happened! Later, I attended the Lexington, KY corps when I was a student at Asbury College. The officers and soldiers of Swoneky were gracious and generous in their support of the college students. I'm sure we tried their patience a few times and I know we ate an awful lot of their food! These Salvationists were wonderful vessels of God's grace. It's great to know that He's still working wonders in the division.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

It was good to see you both yesterday. ~Karen~

9:28 AM  
Blogger Dave C said...

My wife and I miss Kentucky very much. I'm sure it has a little to do with it being our first apopintment, but we also made some great friends there.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

i may be biased, but i think the maynors are great too.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 Corinthians 3:18 All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.(The Message). Thanks for sharing this with us today!
Great to see you and the members of the team (in particular your lovely wife and Col. Hunter!) God is at work here in SWONEKY renewing/reviving relationships and building new ones! A "Fresh Wind" is blowing full of God's Grace across the division and for this we give thanks!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Yes, this was a good trip and things are going well in this great command.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home