Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Clock Forward

Sure, now you need me to remind you of the time change...well if one lost soul sees this and changes his clock to be on time for church tommorrow...well...you know...

Here's where the preacher, preaches to himself. Maybe, just maybe, I'll remember.

The computer does it automatically, but not the alarm next to my bed, or the clock in the car. What about timers for the lights and things? All need some attention. Is there a Hallmark card you can get to celebrate the day?

How about a day to turn back to Jesus? Now that's a great day.

Revelation 3:3 (MSG)
3 "Think of the gift you once had in your hands, the Message you heard with your ears-grasp it again and turn back to God. "If you pull the covers back over your head and sleep on, oblivious to God, I'll return when you least expect it, break into your life like a thief in the night."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim, it isn't turn back to Jesus...it's go forward with Him...Remember, Spring forward is the clock change...I know you sent this for my benefit.ha. love you!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

Forward and back...You are very clever! I love how the scripture verse brings everything you wrote together. That really amuses me. We have an alarm that automatically changes for us and we still won't sleep with worry that it won't change automatically!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

There is a true leader-- someone who not only guides us spiritually, but reminds us of the practical things as well. Thanks Colonel! ~Karen~

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring forward! Spring into His arms of love and care. I must admit there were a number of folks who showed up early this morning for meeting and found out what a good time Sunday School is. I hope a preview of things to come!
We serve an amazing God, who loves to surprise us with gifts at the best times! Hey Mother Knaggs, I think Jim sent this for all of us who read the blog at strange hours!
Blessings!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home