Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summer Camp

Some of the best SA ministry takes place at summer camp. Each year our camp staffs shepherd thousands of children of which most enter a relationship with Christ. Hallelujah!

The kids learn all sorts of things and benefit greatly from the constructive environment. Campfires, swimming, hiking, boating and all. Then there are specialty camps like music camp being out the best in our kids.

The staff too experience life changing possibilities. I pray they make the best of their summer and look for the mark of God on their lives.

"Seek the Lord while He may be found."

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave C said...

My calling to Officership was affirmed at Camp Sebago my first year as an employee...oh yeah, and I met my wife there too! :o)

In His Grip,
Dave

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time I met the Author of this blogsite was at Summer Camp. I seem to remember a green uniform he was wearing. Great counselor, who has become a great friend and Spiritual leader. I thank God for those who have the special ministry for witnessing to our children at Camp, not always easy, but God provides. I wonder what camp is like “down under?” I would think that tossing a dining room server in the lake is not high on the list of breaking in the new staff “down under!”

10:02 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am spending this week at camp with 200 kids from our area and I am daily reminded of my own journeys that have taken place on the sacred ground known as camp. ~Karen~

6:10 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

i know this is a bit late, but about the blog name thing...

in the early 90's my husband, tim miller, went by the rap name "TCfresh". yeah, seriously. i am sure he would be happy to let you use it without having to pay any royalties or copyright fees.

although knagging thoughts is hard to pass up.

as for camp, although it can be a respite for the campers, i think the greatest potential value is in getting staff member age young people (teens and twenties) away from their life (and media) and completely spent in service for a summer. it seems to give real perspective...

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home