Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Olympics 2012

So they determined this morning who will host the 2012 Olympics. It will be London. Good for them. There are many New Yorkers who are glad not to have the extra hassle that such an event brings. Of course it also brings excitement, hope, and tickets to see the world's best perform.

I'll have a great seat no matter where the games are. The Wide World of Sports or some other network will pick it up and I will be in a favorite chair in my own living room. My parking place will be assured. The snacks will only be as far as my kitchen and I won't have had to take out a mortgage to afford such a luxury venue.

I know I'm sounding like an old guy here, but the reality of watching from the comfort of my own home is attractive to me...Will there even be a 2012? Will the Lord return before? If he does, someone else can have my seat and my remote control.

"He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." Acts 1:7 (NIV)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

I lived there from about the age of 2 to 8 with great memories. Is the elementary school still across the street from the corps?

Be holy...show up for work.

Blessings to you.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

What an awesome way to think. Thank you for that perspective.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home