Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Heralds of the Good News

Today the Heralds of the Good News enter the School for Officers' Training. As I understand it, there will be 42 in the session, not including their children, among whom is my grandson, Jake.

We'll be going over this morning to help the family move in. It's actually an unexpected blessing in our life. Since the day my son was born we prayed the blessings of God over him, like marrying the perfect wife and serving God within the will of God. So our surprise is not in the following God...that's an answer to prayer. It's in the fact that the plan includes the same lifetime calling that we enjoy.

So we share the delight of 41 other families or so in the marvelous plan of our loving Lord who would choose to include our adult children in His extraordinary plan. Hallelujah! Continued prayer is in order...for them...and the SFOT staff.

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (MSG)
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - —plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
12 "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.
13 "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else,
14 I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree."

5 Comments:

Blogger HuskyGirl74 said...

I will definitely continue to pray for my friends, Jason and Leslie. I, too, am overjoyed that they are not only answering God's call - but following it to completion. Praise God for the lives of Jason and Leslie Knaggs - and of course little Jake ;).

9:23 AM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

That is soo awesome that they are going into training.You are so blessed to have such an amazing family.
Much love and prayers,
Allison

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought about Jason and Leslie today....and pray the best for them and Jake. Congrats. to all of you!!! Be praying for them. love to all of you, Mom

6:56 PM  
Blogger Berryinteresting said...

I remember our first day and laugh -- out loud!! But hopefully he'll make really good friends . . . like we did. Of course, he and Leslie won't have to share a bathroom with another couple -- but that's their loss! It'll be wonderful for all of us to have them close.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

So far...so good.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home