Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, January 29, 2006

NYSB Retreat

We enjoyed two days of the New York Staff Band Retreat this weekend. Lt. Colonel Ray Steadman-Allen, O.F. was the guest along with his wife, Joyce. He is terrific and perfect for the weekend. He is continuing to minister to the territory with the Music Leaders Conference taking place this week.

As long as I can remember, I've heard bands play his music and vocal groups sing his music. When I began to be interested in SA music, his writings, often were many of those that touched my heart and still do. He is very much, inspired by God. God gave him this extraordinary gift and Lt. Colonel Steadman-Allen worked at it to make the outcomes exceptional. Thank you, Lord for this man and your music you have given us through him.

Psalms 96:1 (NLT)
"1 Sing a new song to the LORD! Let the whole earth sing to the LORD!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison Ward said...

I'm hearing about it all now from my sister..All the testimonies and fellowship..sounds good

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kapten Clark said...

Colonel, with tongue firmly in cheek, I think I need to tell you to GET BACK TO WORK! All you do is go to retreats! ;-)

Seriously, I really really miss our special officers councils and retreats in Pendel.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

kapten: You have a point...maybe I can take a retreat from retreats...

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home