Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sermon on the Mount

Have you read the sermon on the mount by Jesus lately? It is loaded with high level expectations and high level grace for the tasks. He was quite demanding by His own words and is so today, after all these years.

I see it as a plan for holiness. Of course, holiness is the work of the Holy Spirit in your life, but the text here speaks to how a holy person lives and believes and worships. One would do well to take out a pen and make a checklist to see if you are following the Holy One.

Try it. Let me help you begin:

Matthew 5:1-2 (NIV)
"1 Now when he saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them, saying:..."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

n/n: Your comments are stimulating. I'm hoping one of our readers might answer your sermon origin question. If not, I'll do some homework on it when I get back home.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home