Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mike's Home

Our Michael, that is Sgt. Michael A. Honsberger arrived home Saturday from his home base in Italy. He had served in both Iraq and Afghanistan and returned to Italy only recently. Upon his arrival at the airport, he proposed to Katie Maxwell, who accepted the proposal and promptly put on the engagement ring. Looks like the wedding will be on June 17th. Hallelujah!

We're so glad he's home safe and now, his life is filling with love for a beautiful woman, who's also a Salvationist. We've all known Katie for quite a while and couldn't be happier for both of them. There's part of me that wants to say his infantry training will come in handy in the marriage, but I won't say it. God bless them!

Genesis 2:24 (MSG)
24 'Therefore a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife. They become one flesh."

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I am so happy for both of them. Will definately call him this week. ~Karen~

8:29 PM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

I saw the ring today!!! The bride to be is glowing! I am so happy for both of them!

9:02 PM  
Blogger David and Julie Robbins said...

I am so very thrilled for both Mike and Katie, please pass along to both of them my sincerest wishes for a long and happy life together. Congratulations!!!!

David Robbins

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael thought the Military was demanding! Glad to hear that he is home and the planning has begun. God Bless Michael and Katie.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Just got a call from Mike. I am glad he has asked for Janet and me to play a small part in the marriage plans.

We love them both.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

Many congratulations!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give Mike congrats from Grandma Grimm....so happy for them and all of you. Just wondering if I just might make the wedding...really planning on Commissioning, so if invited,, just may be able to be there..

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home