Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Birthdays

A good friend of mine had a birthday today. These are good times, particularly when you consider the alternative. Usually these days mean phone calls and contacts from family and friends...even a questionable rendition of "Happy Birthday To You." We take the time to tell birthday stories and laugh and feel good.

I think we need to do more with our spiritual birthdays. For those who know what day they were saved, we could encourage one another more in our faithwalk. We could have a celebration and a witness to the present grace of God.

In some ways we probably celebrate our spiritual days every day of our lives. At least, we could. What about the stories of our spiritual birthdays? What about yours?

1 Peter 1:23 (KJV)
"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

5 Comments:

Blogger bedemike said...

May, 1983 - NJ Youth Councils. Star Lake Camp, assembly hall above Hilltop dining hall. Comm. Taylor spoke (don't ask me about what), but the Holy Spirit spoke to me. A great adventure ever since.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

It was July 1995 and I enjoyed a few weeks of enjoying the world. I saw myself on the edge of the abyss, and refused to fall into it. The next day at the corps, everything...from Sunday school to the message was directed right at me. I knew what I needed to do, and I did it. He hasn't left me since!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

August, 2004 - TAM Chapter 4, in the chapel at SFOT..Major Munn had preached that morning, and we were simply asked to pray with a staff member, me being nervous and scared, went to pray with someone I didn't know(I figured that they wouldn't know anything about my life.) Sarah Burgmeyer (Dinkie) prayed with me and God spoke to me in a way I will never forget... I know it hasn't been very long but, so far so good!!
I think that is an awesome idea, to celebrate it like a birthday! I'll have to find out more peoples spiritual birthdays and give it a try!

11:08 PM  
Blogger BrownEyedGirl said...

March 86- over the phone with Carol Beth( Joyce)Crowell. I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom in my apartment in Boston. I was studing art in Boston. I remember feeling like a new person....clean. Praise Him! It stuck.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Jim Knaggs said...

Beautiful. Tell your story...give God the glory!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home