Chiefspeak

Salvation Army dialogue. Now posting at: http://www.TCspeak.com/

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Southern Territory, Australia

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Su-do-ku

It's a Japanese number game similar to a crossword puzzle. I bought a USA Today newspaper at the airport the other day and decided to try it. I'm now an addict after only three days, but I think I know why:

1. It's problem solving
2. The answer is found in the appropriate placements of the numerical digits 1-9.
3. There is only one solution...not multiple options.
4. When you're finished, you have achieved your objective.

Perhaps I have a 'problem solving with all the answers' complex. This is not a professional diagnosis, but it resembles the expression. "A place for everything and everything in its place."

Truth is, life is not that neat and orderly, nor will it be. So we trust the Lord and leave the outcomes to Him. I'll get to it, right after I do one more su-do-ku.

Romans 3:24 (MSG)
"God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ."

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

My mom is hooked, and soon thereafter got my brother hooked... I am afraid when I go home after chuch on Christmas, my mom is going to hook me on it too!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Allison Ward said...

great now I'm hooked!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Agreed - SUDOKU is high on my personal list of distractions.

Fiona has it right.. WebSudoko.com provides an endless supply for this fix, skill levels ranging from "Easy" to "Medium" to "Hard" and for the best challenge.. "Evil".

The worst is when you print out an "Evil" one, work on it for a while and then realize that somehow you made a mistake somewhere - there is truly no fixing it! You have to break out the big pink eraser and start from scratch!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home